REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MANUSCRIPTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO
SIGMA JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING AND NATURAL SCIENCES
Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences is regularly published in March, June, September and December in a year. In addition, the papers presented in important conferences should be published in Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Science as special issues in case of being sufficient papers.
Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences is a medium for the publication of articles on significant developments in engineering, basic and applied sciences. Two referees, specialized on the subject, and selected by the Board of Editors review the manuscripts submitted. Because of the interdisciplinary nature of the journal, authors are asked to write their paper in a manner understandable to their colleagues in other disciplines. Articles under the categories listed below are accepted to be published:
§ Research Articles reflects an original experimental and/or theoretical research works. A coherent treatment emphasizing new insight is expected rather than a simple accumulation of data.
§ Review Articles include authoritative reviews of recent advances in the basic and applied sciences with emphasis on the fundamental aspects of the subject. Manuscripts are generally of greater length than those found in other categories but contributions dealing in part with original research are not excluded. Contributors who may be invited by the editors, or who may submit outline proposals directly are offered a small royalty upon the publication of the article.
2. Submission: Manuscripts have to be submitted to Journal by "corresponding author" using online web site (http://eds.yildiz.edu.tr/sigma). The other correspondences stayed out of manuscript submission should be e-mailed to “firstname.lastname@example.org”, or posted to “Editorship of Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences, 34349 Beşiktaş, Istanbul/Turkey”.
3. Manuscripts have to be written in English and there is no limitation on length of the papers.
4. By submitting a manuscript for possible publication in Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences, the authors imply that it represents original work not previously published elsewhere in any language. In addition, The authors have to send the signed “Copyright Release Form” to “email@example.com” or “Editorship of Sigma Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences, 34349 Beşiktaş, Istanbul/Turkey”.
English manuscripts should be submitted by one of the authors of the manuscript through the online Electronic Journal System. Regardless of the source of the word-processing tool, only electronic PDF (.pdf) or Word (.doc, .docx, .rtf) files can be submitted through the EDS. There is no page limit and required format for initial submission. A template will be sent to the accepted papers' authors. It can be also downloaded from the link below. Do not use our template at first submission.
If you have not sent your manuscript's revised version by email according to our template after a year from its acceptance, your paper's status will be changed from ACCEPTED to REJECTED in our database. We will wait your revised manuscript by email for only a year.
Please cite some papers from our journal in your revised versions if possible.
Ensure that the following items are present at your initial submission:
One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details:
• E-mail address
• Full postal address
All necessary files have been uploaded:
• Include keywords
• All figures (include relevant captions)
• All tables (including titles, description, footnotes)
• Ensure all figure and table citations in the text match the files provided
• Manuscript has been 'spell checked' and 'grammar checked'
• All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa
• APA reference system should be used for the references in the manuscript.
• Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet)
• Relevant declarations of interest have been made
• Journal policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed
• Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on journal requirements
Authors are supposed to provide these items below when their manuscript is accepted.
• originality of the scientific article
• contributions of individual coauthors in the preparation of the article (ghostwriting firewall)
• no conflicts of interest
• sources of funding of research presented in the scientific article or of the preparation of the scientific article
Reviewers play a central role in scholarly publishing. Peer review helps validate research, establish a method by which it can be evaluated, and increase networking possibilities within research communities. The names of the reviewers are hidden from the author regarding with the single blind review. This journal is a blind peer-reviewed free open-access journal.
As SIGMA, we encourage the author to use Mendeley as a reference management software. You can download Mendeley from the website freely. It is easy to learn from the videos and tutorials. After plug-ins in word, authors need to select "Journal of Thermal Engineering" or "Energy" as a citation style. Mendeley manages your citations and bibliographies formatted in the journal's style.
To give an example for manual referencing below:
For journal articles
 Camci M. Thermodynamic analysis of a novel integration of a spray dryer and solar collectors: A case study of a milk powder drying system. Dry Technol 2019;0:1–11. doi:10.1080/07373937.2019.1570935.
 Acikgoz O, Karakoyun Y, Yumurtacı Z, Dukhan N, Dalkılıç AS. Realistic experimental heat transfer characteristics of radiant floor heating using sidewalls as heat sinks. Energy Build 2019;183:515–26. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2018.11.022.
 Dinçer İ, Zamfirescu C. Drying Phenomena. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2015. doi:10.1002/9781118534892.
 Fisher DE. An experimental investigation of mixed convection heat transfer in a rectangular enclosure. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995.
 BS EN ISO 7726:2001 Ergonomics of the thermal environment. Instruments for measuring physical quantities, 2002.
Cover page of Volume 5 Issue 1 can be downloaded from the link below.
If you have an accepted paper in this journal, please read the following announcements below.
Papers' publication types are decided by our Editorial Board members before their publish.
Please read our announcement below before your inital submission: